Saturday, January 5, 2013

Session at SNDT college

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin



The opportunity to interact with students is something we cannot resist. It makes us ebullient and enthusiastic; there's a spring in our step and a drive to accomplish. We put everything on the back-burner and all that we focus on is providing them with value. Nothing changed when we were called to speak to the students of SNDT college about our Manage What (Soft Skills) program. 

Our talk started with a small game of myth-busters: We gave them a myth and they had to guess whether it was True or False. (LB Inside view: We were quite impressed by the 100% success rate of the girls in this game!! :D). Once the fun and games were done, we got down to some serious business (albeit true Last-Bench! style) and briefed them about the program, structure and logistics. Not only did we speak to them as industry professionals but also as ex-engineering students. We thought it was most important to shed light on how lucky they are to be able to have the opportunity to gain this knowledge before even beginning their careers! And, given the nodding heads and the 'ayes', we definitely got the point across :D

Overall we had a great time and also received some brilliant and encouraging feedback. The highlight definitely had to be the one girl who stood up right at the end and said, "Honestly, first when I heard you guys were coming to speak to us I thought this was going to be another boring lecture. But once you guys started everything just changed and I was completely gripped. Now I can't wait for the program to start!". Cherry and toppings and all the icing on the cake cannot match that, right? :D






1 comment:

  1. I was inspired by your quote and looked through the worksheets from TES India and found teaching activities for Benjamin Franklin Very insightful post about involving and talking to, rather than at, your students...
    B )

    ReplyDelete